Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Net Worth Update: End of January 2019

At the end of each month, I post an update of my net worth, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of January, 2019
Net Worth: $908,548
Change from last Month: -$2,722

Events Of Note Last Month:


My SQL courses on Udemy generated $78.92 of income. My courses on SkillShare, meanwhile, earned $44.95. I also earned $1.31 in royalties from my real estate ebook. Someone read almost the whole book in November, so that $1.31 represents the maximum amount I can earn from each reader. (At least, the readers who read it for free on their Kindle. I don't remember what I earn from people who actually buy it outright.) I also received $45 from a class action lawsuit settlement and that was sent off to my car loan.

I missed posting my December net worth update, but that was probably just as well since the stock market tanked that month. No need to relive that bloodbath. The good news is the market has rebounded a bit. I'm still down, but not too much.

The process of closing my self-directed IRA and transferring the funds to my regular IRA account finally finished! I started this process back in September! In terms of my Mint net worth snapshot below, this means my Property value dropped by $70,400 and my Investments value went up by that amount. This is just due to the way Mint characterizes manual account entries. I've got an interesting idea on how I'm going to invest that money, but more on that in another post.

Our semiannual trip to Las Vegas is happening later this month. I'm pretty excited about this because the last time we were there, we finally qualified for the top tier of the Cosmopolitan's player's club, which means, among other things, we can now get picked up at the airport by a hotel limo! Well, it might not be an actual limo. They have limos, Lincoln Town Cars, and even a Tesla or two! We got a great deal this time - four free nights (although we're only staying 3), $200 in dining credit, and $425 in free play.

Not much else to report on the financial front. Well, one more thing. My company announced the 2018 bonuses this week and I got a nice $9,000. It's not paid out until later in February though, so it won't be reflected in my numbers until next month. I'm sure I'll lose a good chunk of that to taxes, but I've got plans for whatever is left. More on that later as well.

Net Worth Update

The stock market bounced back from the horror of December, but it hasn't yet regained all its losses. I'm still down $2,722 this month over November.


November 2018 January 2019



























If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please drop me a line in the comments section!

0 comments:

Post a Comment