Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Tesla Purchase Experience: Week 4

Monday

Getting impatient now that delivery is supposed to be sometime next week.

Wednesday

Got an email from my electrician saying my permit inspection has been requested and that it may take up to 72 hours to get scheduled. Hmm. I requested the inspection be performed tomorrow. The email gave a number to call that turned out to be for the Washington State Licenses and Inspections Department. According to the person I spoke with, the inspection was requested this morning to be performed tomorrow. I guess the way the process works is the inspectors call in each morning to see where they need to go that day. So I don't actually have an appointment, per se. Great.

The email also stated the inspector will call me to give me a time s/he will show up. The call will be from a restricted number and they will not leave a call back number. So I'm sure if I miss the call, the inspection will be delayed at least one day.

Thursday

No phone call all morning, so I was expecting the inspection would not happen today. Then I got a call around 1:00 PM from the electrical inspector saying she was on her way over and was about 15 minutes away. I'm glad I can work from home some days!

Once she arrived, she took the cover off the electrical panel and looked inside, checked out the two grounding stakes that were put in outside my house, and the water pipe bond - the connection between the grounding wire and the water pipe. The whole inspection took about 10-15 minutes and most of that time was spent unscrewing and then screwing back on the electrical panel cover.

I spent some time reading about other Tesla buyers' delivery appointment experiences. Most recommended really going over the car when it is delivered for things like paint scratches, loose panels, etc. You could get the impression that the cars are in crappy shape when they are delivered, but I realize people who post to forums usually do so because they have some sort of complaint. Rarely do people post online that everything went swimmingly. Nevertheless, I will make sure I do a pretty thorough inspection when my car is finally delivered.

Friday

Start of the long Labor Day weekend! My wife's twin and her family are coming up to visit. We'll be renting a boat and tooling around on Lake Washington on Sunday and just hanging around the other days.

Logged in to my Tesla account today and noticed they updated the Owner's Manual in the Documents section of my account. The one that was available before was posted as soon as my deposit was accepted and was dated March, 2018. This new one is dated August, 2018. I'm hoping the update means my car will be delivered soon!

Saturday

Took another trip to the Tesla store to show the in-laws what I will be getting. Someday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment