Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Goal Update: End of November 2015

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of November, 2015
Current value: $18,701
Change from last month: +$559
Percent of Goal:  17.20%


click to embiggerate

Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.

Events Of Note Last Month:

Income this month from my online courses sales was $365, about the same as last month. Sales for the next two or three months will be relatively lower, based on past experience. I guess people aren't interested in learning about SQL Server during the holidays. Go figure.

I received $6 in ebook royalties. Woo-hoo!


My account didn't have the big jump in value like it did in October, but it held on to its gains, which surprised me. I expected the stock price of Realty Income (O) to pull back a bit.


Once again, I'll take a moment to point out I have added a contact page here so you can send me an email or questions, if you so desire. Just click "Contact" in the menu bar. I'd love to get some Q&A posts going.

Realty Income stock is getting up there in price again and I am tempted to sell some covered calls to get some extra income. I think everyone is counting on the Fed raising interest rates before the end of the year, and a move like that typically causes REIT prices to fall. That would mean my covered calls would be unlikely to get exercised and I'd get to keep my shares (and the money from selling the calls), but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on this one.  I don't want to sell my shares. Actually, I just thought of what I might do.. Since I plan on selling when I hit $20,000 anyway, I might sell some covered calls at a price that would net me that much if the options were exercised. I'll have to look into this...

0 comments:

Post a Comment