Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Goal Update: End Of September 2015

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of September, 2015
Current value: $16,466
Change from last month: +$1,318
Percent of Goal:  15.14%





Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.

Events Of Note Last Month:

Income this month from my online courses sales was $378. I also received $9.44 in book royalties.

Had a nice jump in value over last month, mostly due to stock price increases. I ended the month over $16,000, which is the first time that has happened. Also crossed the 15% of goal threshold for the first time.

Nothing much else of note happened this month. Standard weekly budgeted contributions continued. Dividend earnings from stock continued. Realty Income (O) announced their 82nd common stock dividend increase this month, effective with the October payment.

I did discover one interesting thing. I mentioned last month that my earnings for my online courses crossed the $5,000 threshold. My wife, who works at Arizona State University, informed me that this is more than what a basic college professor earns for teaching one class for an academic year. Good for me, but kinda disheartening if you care about the state of education.

0 comments:

Post a Comment