Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Goal Update: End Of April 2015

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of April, 2015
Current value: $13,223
Change from last month: -$736
Percent of Goal:  12.16%



Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.

Events Of Note Last Month:
Realty Income stock continues to pull back a bit from the 5 year highs it hit at the beginning of the year, so my overall account value shows a drop this month from March. However, I've actually contributed $323 from my online courses. I also put in $90 from a bonus I received at work and $7 from ebook royalties, in addition to my regularly budgeted weekly contributions. (I decided to re-publish my latest ebook under a pseudonym. I'm contemplating another book and I think it might be better to keep my fiction and non-fiction works separate.)

This month, I unlocked another achievement!


I now own enough shares of Realty Income that the amount I receive in dividends each month is enough to buy an additional share. Gotta like getting one free share a month!

I've also created a new page to track the achievements I've reached and when I met them. You can find it under the Featured menu at the top of the page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment