Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Goal Update: End Of July 2017

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of July, 2017
Current value: $32,282
Change from last month: +$621
Percent of Goal:  30.26%





Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.


Events Of Note Last Month:

I saw an increase of $621 this month. Net income from my online courses was $117.68. No news on the hard money front. My partner still has more money than he has deals to invest in. Last month, I mentioned I was thinking about investing in RealtyShares. I haven't pulled the trigger on that, mainly because I've been busy moving to Washington and selling my house. I haven't had much time for research.

I'm also looking at generating income from selling cash-backed puts. This means someone pays me for the right to buy their shares of stock at a certain price. The folks at Early Retirement Now have done a good job writing about this strategy here. Check it out for more info. Right now, I'm testing the waters by just trading on paper and seeing how things work out.

I don't have enough funds to invest in both RealtyShares and cash-backed puts, so I've got to make a decision on which I want to do.

Relocation Update

My house closes escrow on Thursday. At this point, all appears to be going well. The house inspection is over and we worked out a deal where I credit the buyer with about $750 instead of me making some repairs he wanted. Then, because the buyer is getting a VA loan, there was another requirement from the VA that I re-paint the stem wall, which had some paint that was peeling off. The quote for this was $275 and the buyer didn't want to pay it, which I felt was ridiculous. It's his lender demanding the repair. He was ok with it not being painted because he didn't ask for it after his inspection. But whatever. He agreed to split the cost with me, so I'm ending up only crediting him with $612.50 instead of $750.

Last week, I packed up my daughter, dog, and a bunch of our stuff and made the three day drive to Washington. Our Prius was pretty full!

My dog wonders what's going on.

Net Worth Update 

After dropping, $7,788 last month, our net worth rose in July by $7,618, so we're pretty much back where we started two months ago.









June 2017July 2017
Note: Mint.com categorizes our HELOC as a credit card debt, not a loan, hence the apparently high credit card balance.











If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please drop me a line in the comments section!

2 comments:

  1. Slowly creeping up, well done mate! Have fun in Washington and unpacking from the move.

    ReplyDelete