Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Goal Progress - End Of October 2014

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of October, 2014
Current value: $9,188
Change from last month: +1,864
Percent of Goal:  8.45%



Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.

Events Of Note Last Month: After last month's decline, October saw a healthy rebound. The stock price of Realty Income bounced back up to the $45-$46 per share range, which is where it was around August. I was lucky to pick up a handful of shares during the recent dip to $41 at the beginning of the month. That accounted for the majority of the increase and is a nice real world example of the benefits of dollar cost averaging.

In addition to my regularly budgeted contributions and stock price increase, account growth this month included a couple of bonuses. First, my employer paid out another quarterly bonus of a couple hundred dollars, which I funneled to my Tesla fund. Second, I received my first ever royalty payment for my ebook! Granted, it was only $15.34, but still... It's my first ever royalty payment! I also received close to $200 from my on-line courses and ad revenue from my real estate blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment